The objectives of the Society are:
1. To encourage progress in the field of tissue and cell engineering in all its aspects, including research, teaching and clinical applications.
2. To promote the propagation of scientific information related to tissue and cell engineering.
3. To be identified interdisciplinary groupings and promote recognised communication as an interdisciplinary group.
4. To co-operate with other scientific organisations, governmental and private bodies, both national and international to support research & training in the field.
5. To share existing resources (obscure, whose) to promote opportunities for the sharing of intellectual and technical resources across the UK.
6. To develop structured actions (initiatives) on issues involving tissue and cell engineering.
7. To stimulate the creation of research programmes on tissue and cell engineering, on a national level mainly by the UK foundation.
8. To act where possible as a source of expert information in the field for UK governmental bodies and the lay media.